1. The sun ________ in the east.
A. is always rising B. always is rising C. rises always D. always rises
2. He often ________ his clothes on Sundays.
A. washing B. washes C. has washed D. wash
3. I’m Japanese. Where ________ from?
A. do you come B. you are coming C. you come D. are you coming
4. A mother who ________ her son will do everything for his happiness.
A. is loving B. loves C. loved D. has loved
5. ________ at a higher temperature than water?
A. Has milk boiled B. Is milk boiling C. Does milk boil D. Was milk boiling
6. He signed to us with his hand, “The lesson is over. You ________.”
A. dismissed B. are dismissed C. have dismissed D. were dismissed
7. I haven’t met him for ages, but his mother ________ him sometimes.
A. had still seen B. still sees C. has still seen D. still saw
8. We will start as soon as our team leader________ .
A. comes B. will come C. come D. is coming
9. I think Jack ________ the answer.
A. has known B. does know C. is knowing D. knows
10. My father ________ George quite well; they were introduced at a party.
A. is knowing B. was knowing C. knows D. had been knowing
11. Where ________ ?
A. Mary works B. works Mary C. does Mary works D. does Mary work
12. I think this question ________ to answer.
A. easy B. is easy C. was easy D. Both A and B
13. ________ oil or butter when you cook it ?
A. Do you use B. Did you use C. Were you using D. Have you used
14. I ________ some newspaper at seven yesterday evening.
A. am reading B. read C. was reading D. will read
15. Now he ________ a book about New York. I don’t think he will finish it.
A. writes B. wrote C. has written D. is writing
16. Zhang Hua does a lot of housework every evening, but now he ________ his schoolmates with their lessons.
A. help B. is helping C. helps D. has helped
17. Mother washes the girl’s hair. Look, she ________ .
A. is washing it now B. washes it
C. is washing them now D. washes them now
18. He usually listens to the radio, but at the present moment he ________ television.
A. watches B. is watching C. has watched D. had watched
19. How long ago ________ playing with soldiers?
A. have you stopped B. had you stopped C. did you stop D. do you stop
20. Look at John! What _______ ?
A. does he B. he is doing C. is he doing D. does he do
21. It ________ hard when I left my house.
A. is raining B. rains C. was raining D. will rain
22.The railway ________ in three years.
A. is complete B. will completed C. has completed D. will be completed
23. Don’t talk so loudly. Your father ________ .
A. sleeps B. is sleeping C. slept D. had slept
24. ----- What are you doing under the table?
----- I ________ to find my pen.
A. tried B. had tried C. try D. am trying
25. Jane and Tom ________ the door.
A. are walking at B. walk at C. walks to D. are walking to
26. How many people does the doctor know ________ of the disease?
A. are dying B. is dying C. has died D. dies
27. He ________ thin.
A. was getting B. is getting C. will getting D. had been got
28. Our team ________ every match so far this year, but we still have three games to play.
A. was winning B. has won C. had won D. wins
29. I shall tell you what he ____at three o’clock yesterday afternoon.
A. has done B. has been done C. had been doing D. was doing
30. I ________ my homework now.
A. finish B. finished C. have finished D. had finished
31. I ________ this coat for very long. It still looks quite new.
A. wasn’t having B. haven’t had C. hadn’t D. haven’t been having
32. ________ reading the book yet?
A. Have you finished B. Were you finishing
C. Had you finished D. Are you finishing
33. The evening party ________ .You are a little late.
A. just began B. just has begun C. has just begun D. has begun just now
34. The dog is still wet. It ________ out of the rain.
A. only just comes B. has only just coming
C. was only just come D. has only just come
35. Where did you study before you ________ to this middle school?
A. come B. came C. are coming D. will come
36. He ________ home for nearly three weeks.
A. has gone away from B. has left C. has been away from D. went away from
37. ----- Did your brother go to America last year? ----- ________ .
A. No, he has never go there B. No, he has never gone here
C. No, he never was there D. No, he’s never been there
38. My uncle ________ in that factory since 1958.
A. worked B. had worked C. is working D. has worked
39. I ________ her since she was a little girl.
A. knew B. know C. had known D. have known
40. He ________ for three years.
A. has joined B. has been in the army C. joined D. has served the army
41. His grandfather ________ for thirty years.
A. died B. was dead C. has been dead D. has died
42. I ________ a college student for more than a year.
A. became B. have become C. was D. have been
43. I ________ this radio for two years.
A. used B. use C. have used D. am used
44. I ________ from my brother for a long time.
A. not have heard B. have not heard C. have heard not D. do not hear
45. Since you don’t want to go, I ________ alone.
A. will go B. go C. went D. have gone
46. He________ his watch. Have you seen it anywhere?
A. lost B. lose C. has lost D. had lost
47. I ________ the exhibition on the life and work of Lenin.
A. see B. saw C. have seen D. am seeing
48. When I was a little boy my father ________ me the earth is round.
A. tells B. has told C. had told D. told
49. You ________ your homework..
A. haven’t done B. have doing C. have not doing D. not done
50. Our teacher ________ to Beijing three times.
A. went B. had done C. has gone D. has been
51. It’s time you ________ a holiday.
A. had B. have C. will have D. have had
52. The young engineer he ________ is a friend of his.
A. is talking B. is going to talk C. talked D. is talking to
53. He ________ in Shanghai in 196o.
A. lives B. lived C. has lived D. is living
54. Robert ________ in England a few weeks ago.
A. arrives B. has arrived C. could arrive D. arrived
55. How long ago ________ in Fujian?
A. has he arrived B. did he arrive C. could he arrive D. arrived
56. Jack ________ a letter to his parents last night.
A. writes B. wrote C. write D. has written
57. His parent did not know why ________ his homework.
A. did he not do B. did he not to do
C. he had not done D. he had done not
58. Last week John ________ his leg.
A. felt and broken B. fell and broke
C. feels and breaks D. fallen and broken
59. Wang Jinsi ________ the whole nation as Iron Man.
A. was known by B. is known to C. knew D. has known
60. They ________ to a new house last month.
A. moves B. move C. moved D. have moved
61. I’ll let you know as soon as he ________ .
A. arrives B. will arrive C. arrive D. reach
62. ________ last year and is now earning his living as a newsboy.
A. He left the school B. He has left the school
C. He had left school D. He left school
63. Mike is now in New York. He ________ there since six days ago.
A. was B. is C. had been D. has been
64. Yesterday Mary ________ to me with a problem.
A. came B. goes C. went D. come
65. Where ________ yesterday?
A. went you B. was you C. have you been D. were you
66. Yesterday a man ________ my car.
A. hited B. hat C. hitted D. hit
67. The sun ________ when we got there.
A. raised B. had raised C. had risen D. rises
68. When did you ________ to see me last?
A. go B. went C. came D. come
69. ________ the news last night?
A. Heard you B. Did you heard C. Did you hear D. Were you hear
70. This book ________ everybody.
A. is known by B. is known for
C. is known to D. knows
71. I am sure he’ll come to see me before he ________ Beijing.
A. leave B. left C. will leave D. leaves
72. Jack ________ his thick coat because it was snowing.
A. puts on B. put on C. takes on D. took on
73. He ________ his coat and went out.
A. takes on B. put on C. takes on D. took on
74. How many people ________ the lecture on basic chemistry?
A. attended B. is attending C. do they attend D. did attend
75. Look at the clock! It’s time ________ home.
A. we’ll go B. we went C. we’re going D. we should go
76. He ________ you later.
A. will see B. may will see C. wills see D. will sees
77. ________ breakfast in the morning?
A. Will she be B. Will she cooks C. Will she cook D. Will she be cook
78. You ________ her again in a few days.
A. will see B. have seen C. had seen D. have been seen
79. My parents ________ me to become a doctor.
A. hoped B. wanted C. decided D. suggested
80. If we study hard, ________ .
A. we had passed the exam B. We are passing the exam
C. we have passed the exam D. we will pass the exam
81. She has been here ________ .
A. after 1978 B. for 1978 C. in 1978 D. since 1978
82. Your shirt is dirty. ________ it for you?
A. Am I going to wash B. Will I wash C. Am I washing D. shall I wash
83. ----- The clock is slow.
----- It isn’t slow, it ________ .
A. is stopping B. will stop C. has stopped D. stopped
84.They wanted to know when they ________ have an examination.
A. had gone to B. were going to C. would be going D. had been going
85. My sister ________ to see me. She’ll be here soon.
A. comes B. is coming C. had come D. came
86. When ________ , I’ll talk to him.
A. does Peter come B. Peter will come C. Peter comes D. can Peter come
87. He will pay a visit to the exhibition when he ________ time.
A. has B. will have C. has D. is going to have
88. I will go home for the vacation as soon as I ________ my exams.
A. will finish B. finish C. finishing D. finished
89. If ________ , we’ll stay at home.
A. it will rain B. it’s to rain C. it rains D. it’ll be raining
90. It ________ hard when we left.
A. is raining B. has rained C. was raining D. rained
91. What ________ when I saw you yesterday?
A. did you do B. were you doing C. you were doing D. you did
92. Bill said that he ________ his homework at half past seven yesterday evening.
A. did B. was doing C. will do D. has done
93. They ________ a meeting from 2 to 4 yesterday afternoon.
A. were having B. had C. would have D. have
94. Yesterday afternoon some students ________ wheat on the farm.
A. had sowing B. sowed C. have sown D. were sowing
95. She ________ at seven o’clock this morning.
A. is writing B. write C. writes D. was writing
96. By the end of last term we ________ English for two years.
A. have studied B. have been studied C. would studied D. had studied
97. He ________ quite a lot in his work.
A. use to travel B. is used to travel C. used to travel D. was used to travel
98. He ________ out when somebody called at his office.
A. has just gone B. had just gone C. just went D. just now went
99. When the teacher came into the classroom, the pupils ________ their exercises.
A. have done B. were doing C. are doing D. has done
100. When we arrived, the dinner ________ .
A. already began B. has already begun
C. had already begun D. was just begun
1. D 2. B 3. A 4. B 5. C 6. B 7. B 8. A 9. D 10. C 11. D 12. D 13. A 14. C 15. D 16. B 17. A 18. B 19. C 20. C 21. C 22. D 23. B 24. D 25. D 26. A 27. B 28. B 29. D 30. C 31. B 32. A 33. C 34. D 35. B 36. C 37. D 38. D 39. D 40. B 41. C 42. D 43. C 44. B 45. A 46. C 47. C 48. D 49. A 50. D 51. A 52. D 53. B 54. D 55. B 56. B 57. C 58. B 59. B 60. C 61. A 62. D 63. D 64. A 65. D 66. D 67. C 68. D 69. C 70. C 71. D 72. B 73. B 74. A 75. B 76. A 77. C 78. A 79. B 80. D 81. D 82. D 83. C 84. B 85. B 86. C 87. A 88. B 89. C 90. C 91. B 92. B 93. A 94. D 95. D 96. D 97. C 98. B 99. B 100 C